Keene, NH – During Hunger Action Month, C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. announces grants to address child hunger in or near communities where the company has a presence and to the Food Bank of Puerto Rico. The contributions, made over the past 24 months, were to food banks that are part of the Feeding America network.
- California: Central CA Food Bank, Fresno (BackPack Program); Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services, Sacramento (Mobile School Pantry); Food Bank of San Joaquin & Stanislaus Counties, Manteca (BackPack Program)
- Connecticut: Foodshare, Bloomfield (BackPack Program/School Pantry/Kids Café)
- Florida: Feeding Northeast FL, Jacksonville (BackPack Program); Feeding South FL, Miami (School Pantry Program); Feeding Tampa Bay, Tampa (BackPack Program)
- Hawaii: Hawaii Foodbank, Honolulu (BackPack Program)
- Louisiana: Second Harvest Food Bank of New Orleans and Arcadiana, New Orleans (BackPack Program)
- Maryland: MD Food Bank, Baltimore (Mobile School Pantry)
- Massachusetts: Food Bank of Western MA, North Hatfield (Mobile Pantry and Mobile School Pantry Pilot)
- New Hampshire: NH Food Bank, Manchester (BackPack Program)
- New Jersey: Community Food Bank of NJ, Hillside (BackPack Program)
- New York: Regional Food Bank of Northeastern NY (BackPack Program); Latham; Food Bank of the Hudson Valley, Cornwall-on-Hudson (BackPack Program)
- Pennsylvania: Central PA Food Bank, Harrisburg (Seat At The Table Initiative); Food Bank of the Lehigh Valley and NE PA, Nazareth (BackPack Program); Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest PA, Erie (Mobile School Pantry); Greater Berks Food Bank, Reading (BackPack Program)
- South Carolina: Harvest Hope, Greenville (BackPack Program)
- Texas: Houston Food Bank, Houston and North Texas Food Bank, Dallas (BackPack Program)
- Vermont: Vermont Food Bank, Brattleboro (BackPack and School Pantry Program)
The company makes ongoing donations of food and maintains close relationships with the leadership and operational teams at each food bank.
At the one year milestone of Hurricane Maria, the company made a donation to the Food Bank of Puerto Rico. The funding will help to establish the BackPack Program on the island of Culebra, where approximately 56% of the children live in poverty. This is in addition to the donation of food and funds made to the Foodbank of Puerto Rico shortly after the storm to help meet immediate needs.
About C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 14,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 140,000 different products. We are an engaged corporate citizen, supporting causes that positively impact our communities. To learn more, please visit http://cswg.com.