Keene, NH – C&S Wholesale Grocers has awarded Joel Arvelo the company’s 2018 Volunteer of the Year award. Joel is being recognized for his commitment to the nonprofit Allentown Youth Soccer Club, where he is a coach and serves on the organization’s Board of Directors. He has been an employee with C&S for 12 years, currently operating a forklift at one of the company’s distribution centers in Bethlehem, PA.
“Joel is selfless in giving his time, skills, and energy,” said Mike Duffy, Chief Executive Officer of C&S. “His involvement benefits local children by developing their athletic skills, promoting sportsmanship, and fostering teamwork. The ripple effects are apparent in their lives, in their classrooms, and in the wider community. We applaud Joel and are proud to recognize him.”
Joel was congratulated by 1,000 colleagues at the company’s recent State of the Business Meeting at their headquarters in Keene, NH. He will be featured on the company’s website and highlighted in the 2018 edition of the C&S Community Involvement Report. Since 2005 C&S has recognized one person as its Volunteer of the Year for lending their time, talent, and support to causes they care about in their community and for inspiring others.
To honor National Volunteer Month in April, teams of employees at the C&S Family of Companies have volunteered to accomplish more than 25 projects for charitable causes and community organizations, including:
- Montgomery Area Food Bank, Salvation Army Meals Program, Montgomery Area Council on Aging/Meals on Wheels (Alabama)
- Stockton Emergency Food Bank (California)
- Plant City United Food Bank, Salvation Army Food Pantry, Feeding South Florida (Florida)
- Merrimack Valley Food Bank (Massachusetts)
- Food Bank of the Hudson Valley (New York)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of the Lehigh Valley (Pennsylvania)
- Lowcountry Food Bank (South Carolina)
- Vermont Foodbank (Vermont)
- Woodland Park Magnet School (Louisiana)
- Southampton School (Massachusetts)
- Keene Day Care Center (New Hampshire)
- Habitat for Humanity of Fresno (California)
- Enfield Senior Center (Connecticut)
- NJ Institute for Disabilities (New Jersey)
- Leg Up Farm, Northeastern Area Senior Center, Habitat for Humanity of Berks County (Pennsylvania)
- Ronald McDonald House (South Carolina)
- Great Massachusetts Cleanup (Massachusetts)
- Gress Mountain Ranch (Pennsylvania)
- Student Conservation Association (Texas)
Throughout the year, C&S encourages employees to volunteer through two programs: Dollars for Doers, which matches employees’ volunteer time with a donation up to 1,000 hours, and Team Up & Make Strides, which supports employees who raise funds and awareness by participating in events for charity.
About C&S Wholesale Grocers
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 14,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 140,000 different products. To learn more, please visit http://cswg.com.
C&S community involvement programs support initiatives to fight hunger and to promote the health and enrichment of communities that are homes to the company’s employees and facilities. To learn more, visit http://community.cswg.com.