During the month of April, associates at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. and its family of companies will make a difference by accomplishing more than 30 volunteer projects in April for Volunteer Month. Some examples:
- Alabama: Serving dinner at the Salvation Army
- California: Participating in an adopt-a-park project, Volunteering at a food bank
- Connecticut: Picking up roadside trash in a local neighborhood, Starting a garden at a nature center
- Florida: Reading to young children at two Head Start schools
- Hawaii: Volunteering at a food bank
- Indiana: Volunteering at an Earth Day Festival at a state park, Volunteering at a food bank
- Maryland: Cooking and serving a meal to veterans, Preparing and serving a meal to homeless individuals, Reading to and socializing with veterans in a medical center
- Massachusetts: Landscaping and yard clean-up at a Boys & Girls Club, Volunteering at an event to raise funds and awareness for the Humane Society
- New Hampshire: Painting and landscaping at a children’s art and dance center
- New York: Helping at the Humane Society
- Pennsylvania: Cleaning up at a state park, Participating in a Habitat for Humanity homebuilding project, Packing “sunshine boxes” at a food bank for senior citizens, Accomplishing projects at a home for elders, Spring spruce-up at a therapeutic riding center
- South Carolina: Participating in a Habitat for Humanity homebuilding project, Preparing and serving lunch at a center for veterans
- Vermont: Assisting with maintenance and construction projects, and sorting food, at a food bank
As part of National Volunteer Month, C&S is pleased to honor Dean D’Errico as the company’s 2015 Volunteer of the Year. Dean is a Driver at the C&S distribution center in Plant City, Florida, where he also lives.
What Dean has done is remarkable. With his family, and in addition to working full-time, he has established a nonprofit organization called “Many Hands.” Many Hands provides free or low-cost repairs to the homes and vehicles of low-income families, senior citizens, disabled individuals, and survivors of domestic abuse. The organization partners with local businesses and groups to create awareness and to provide discounted services when the project is beyond the scope of Dean and the other dedicated volunteers at Many Hands.
C&S has honored one person as Volunteer of the Year since 2005.
About C&S Wholesale Grocers
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products.
C&S community involvement programs support initiatives to fight hunger and to promote the health and enrichment of communities that are homes to the company’s employees and facilities. To learn more: http://community.cswg.com.