Keene, NH – C&S Charities, Inc. is proud to announce that it donated $1,806,000 to eight nonprofit organizations devoted to ending pediatric cancer and childhood hunger issues through its 32nd annual Tee Up for Kids™ charity golf outing. The event, held on August 7 and 8, hosted more than 1,000 golfers on four courses in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont.
Donations were made to the following high-impact organizations:
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (Lebanon, NH): $460,000 for care and treatment of children in the pediatric oncology unit;
- Hole in the Wall Gang Camp (Ashford, CT): $175,000 for camperships;
- Jimmy Fund/Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA): $260,000 for pediatric cancer research;
- Feeding America (Chicago, IL): $425,000 for the national BackPack Program and child hunger initiatives;
- Share Our Strength (Washington, DC): $396,000 for the No Kid Hungry campaign; and
- New Hampshire Food Bank (Manchester, NH),
- Vermont Foodbank (Brattleboro, VT),
- Food Bank of Western Massachusetts (North Hatfield, MA): $30,000 each toward child hunger programs.
Rick Cohen, Executive Chairman and Mike Duffy, CEO of C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., thanked everyone who supported the Tee Up for Kids™ event at a private reception held in Vermont on August 6 to recognize top sponsors including the following:
- Course Sponsors: Ahold USA, Carrier Transicold of Southern New England, Nestle Purina, Northway Services, and Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Hole in One Sponsors: Campbell’s, Global Partners, Michelin North America, Nestle USA, and Reynolds Consumer Products
- Golf Cart Sponsors: Acosta Sales & Marketing, Bank of America, Capstone Logistics, Kellogg’s, Kimberly-Clark, Mintz Levin, and Wells Fargo Bank
- Special recognition is due to JB Hunt, a C&S transportation partner, who generously contributed a total of $50,000 in sponsorship to this year’s event.
The next C&S Charity Golf Outing is scheduled for August 6 and 7, 2019.
About C&S Charities, Inc.
C&S Charities, Inc., established in 2010 by C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. to host the event, is a New Hampshire non-profit corporation recognized under IRC § 501(c)(3). Visit www.cscharities.org to learn more.
About C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 14,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 140,000 different products. To learn more, please visit www.cswg.com