Keene, NH – C&S Charities, Inc. is proud to announce that it donated $1,550,000 to six nonprofit organizations devoted to pediatric cancer and childhood hunger issues through its 32nd annual Tee Up for Kids™ charity golf outing. The event, which was held on August 1 and 2, hosted more than 1,000 golfers on four courses in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont.
Donations were made to the following high-impact organizations:
- Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth (Lebanon, NH): $400,000 for care and treatment of children in the pediatric oncology unit;
- Hole in the Wall Gang Camp (Ashford, CT): $150,000 for camperships;
- Jimmy Fund/Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (Boston, MA): $225,000 for pediatric cancer research;
- Feeding America (Chicago, IL): $375,000 for the national BackPack Program and child hunger initiatives;
- Share Our Strength (Washington, DC): $350,000 for the No Kid Hungry campaign; and
- New Hampshire Food Bank (Manchester, NH): $50,000 toward establishing school-based pantries in the Monadnock Region.
Rick Cohen, Chairman and CEO of C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., thanked everyone who supported the Tee Up for Kids™ event at a private reception held in Vermont on July 31st to recognize top sponsors including the following:
- Course Sponsors: Ahold USA, Carrier Transicold of Southern New England, Kimberly-Clark, Nestle Purina, Northway Services, JB Hunt
- Hole-in-One Sponsors: Campbell’s, Global Partners, Michelin North America, Nestle USA, Michelin, Ryder
- Golf Cart Sponsors: Acosta Sales & Marketing, Bank of America, Capstone Logistics, Groom Energy, Kellogg’s, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo, Rush Enterprises, Wells Fargo Bank
The next C&S Charity Golf Outing is scheduled for August 7 and 8, 2018.
About C&S Charities, Inc.
C&S Charities, Inc., established in 2010 by C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. to host the event, is a New Hampshire non-profit corporation recognized under IRC § 501(c)(3). Visit www.cscharities.org to learn more.
About C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 14,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 140,000 different products. To learn more, please visit www.cswg.com.